Monday, May 19, 2014

Thankful for... these young people

As I write, 14 young Karen missionaries are travelling south from Chiang Mai, on their way to a 3 week mission trip in Cambodia. They are some of the most impressive young people I have ever met.

With the Mission to Cambodia Team just before departure

This is the first 'international' mission trip that the Thai Karen Baptist Youth have ever done - so these young people are stepping into the unknown! For most of them, when they cross the border early tomorrow morning into Cambodia, it will be the first time in their lives that they have left Thailand.

Reading Acts 13:1-3 with the team. A wonderful privilege to be involved in this 'sending' (Photo: Lu Hawley)
I am so thankful for the privilege of working alongside these young people over the past few years. Their faith has inspired me; their courage has challenged me; their passion for God and his gospel has continually impressed me. I stand humbled before their willingness to follow God's call to cross-cultural mission, to share the good news of fullness of life in Christ with all the world's peoples.

Please pray for the Team as they travel overnight, and as they spend the next few weeks working alongside Cambodian church planters in rural areas of northern Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment